- Lead Food Safety, Quality and Sanitation function
- Support executive level leadership
- Provide food safety expertise to routine and project focused activities
Mr. Bolain is a food safety and quality expert with proven success in the food and beverage manufacturing industry. His corporate and factory experience has made him efficient at identifying process improvements and potential food safety risks and institutionalizing high quality expectations and processes. Mr. Bolain has demonstrated the ability to lead multi-functional teams in a changing, fast-paced, and innovative environment with Fortune 500 companies. He develops strong relationships with front-line operators as well as executive management.
He consults for food and beverage manufacturers providing interim senior leadership support, performing risk assessments, executing risk mitigation, optimizing processes, and preparing organizations for audits. His work enables clients to manage brand and business risk, improve consumer valued product and packaging quality, and supports proactive regulatory compliance. He is available to consult on initiatives globally.
Prior to consulting, Mr. Bolain was a Director of Quality for Kraft Heinz Company from 2016 to2018. In the post-merger of Kraft Foods and HJ Heinz he:
• Supported North American manufacturing footprint projects providing food safety, sanitation, and quality expertise.
• Led the Food Safety and Quality function for the Canadian Business Unit.
• Provided technical guidance to Global Export Business Unit in exporting Kraft branded products to other countries.
• Led the North American internal audit team and external Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) certification programs
• Directed the corporate cleaning and sanitation, and process improvement functions.
• Led the risk assessment of thirty-six Kraft Foods plants to identify and develop action plans to mitigate their food safety risks.
From 2004 to 2016, he worked for HJ Heinz Company in several Senior Corporate Quality roles. He created a new corporate team, Process Improvement, to lead in reducing food safety and quality risks and delivered cost savings and risk reduction which self-funded the team. He directed the corporate strategy for in-line inspection devices, cleaning suppliers, quality improvement, and risk management. Mr. Bolain also led the North American Quality Risk Management and Global Food Safety Initiative certification programs and defined corporate strategy for quality systems and regulatory affairs. His passion for improvement motivated him to earn his Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification.
Prior to Heinz, Mr. Bolain was a Quality Leader from 1991 to 2004 in three Kraft Foods’ manufacturing facilities: Garland, Texas; Birmingham, Alabama and Bentonville, Arkansas. Several of his key accomplishments were:
• Managing a cross-functional, facility-based team to design, plan, and implement a Manufacturing Quality Future State project.
Directing a team that implemented the Quality Chain Management System (ISO9002+ food safety and sanitation)
• Led the turnaround of the facility’s quality program.
• Improved key consumer complaint rate by 45%, finished product compliance by 10%, and environmental swab compliance by 22%.
• Secured $1.5 million corporate funding for infrastructure improvements.
• Managed facility’s quality auditing programs including HACCP, documentation, GMP’s, manufacturing procedures and outside warehouses.
Mr. Bolain served on the Board of Directors of Alpha Phi Omega National Service Fraternity from 2004 to 2010. He taught leadership development courses, across the country, to students who had a passion for community and campus service, He also provided strategic guidance to the national organization. He studied chemistry at the University of Arkansas. He has traveled extensively in North America, Europe and South America visiting over 100 food manufacturing locations to learn and share the best practices of food safety and quality assurance.
You did a great job and challenged the people there to set the bar higher.
Adam has an effective work style to identify and recommend solutions for critical Quality and Sanitation concerns. He asks key questions and works closely with plant teams to help encourage a positive environment for change.
I wanted to provide feedback on Adam's performance while assisting in Barry Callebaut's Chicago factory. I will be the first to say, I was a little concerned bringing someone in with Adam's experience and background for fear he would be "above" the day-to-day help we needed; but from day one, he jumped right in and proved me wrong. He got to know the people at all levels and was very successful at the mundane day-to-day tasks but also taking on bigger and farther reaching projects. He is observant to both details as well as big picture while being organized and structured yet not overly rigid to hinder progress. I really enjoyed working with Adam and hope our paths cross again soon as he brought a lot of value to Barry Callebaut and played a critical role at Chicago.
I have known and worked with Adam over the course of our careers. Adam is a true professional that is knowledgeable, insightful, and makes a difference wherever he goes. I have been blessed to work with him.
I have worked with a number of consultants in my career, but by far Adam stands at the top of the list as a true professional and impact player.
Adam, thanks for your leadership - you did a great job!